Sunday 5 June 2011

While walking in the woods one day

Went for a walk in the woods by my house today and discovered MORELS!!!!
I love mushrooms and Morels are super yummy and not all that easy to find round these parts so I was super excited. We will be frying up these bad boys for supper tonight.
I also discovered a huge patch of wild strawberries that I will be back for in a couple weeks :)
The other big surprise of the day was this wee little Oak tree. Oak trees do not grow in abundance in this part of Canada so I was very pleased to make the acquaintance of this little man and I will be visiting often to cultivate a relationship with him.
Unfortunately there is not alot of wild space around where I live but you would be amazed at what you can find.

Just as it was time to go home one last gift. What a wonder filled day in the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment